At Fitzpatrick Fuels, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, and how we use this data and keep it safe and secure. If you have any questions about this policy, you can email email@example.com. You can also write us a letter and send to; Fitzpatrick Fuels, The Old Railway Goods Yard, Scar Lane, Huddersfield, HD3 4PE.
Who are we?
We are Fitzpatrick Fuels, a fuel merchant that supply the public locally and online. In this policy ‘Fitzpatrick Fuels, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means:
· Fitzpatrick Fuels, Company Reg No. – 7779679. Registered address is 106-108 Reddish Ln, Manchester M18 7JL
How do we collect information from you?
Information you give us directly:
When using our website to place an order, we retain the information you give to us so we can deliver your order. We collect the following:
· Your name and contact information, including your email address and phone number.
· Your demographic information for us to arrange delivery for your order.
· A record of your order history which we may use in the future to personalise exclusive offers and similar products that may be of interest to you.
When you place an order on our site, we also collect your card details to take payment for the order. We use the latest available technology to ensure that we have one of the safest e-commerce sites. Our website uses Worldpay for taking payments, all information passed between this site and Worldpay’s systems is encrypted. We do not hold a record of our customers credit or debit card details online, or in the store. For more information on security, click here.
When you visit this website:
We, like many other companies, automatically collect the following information:
· Technical information, including the type of device you are using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve our site, and the service that we offer.
· Information about your visit to our website, for example, we collect information about the pages that you visit and how you navigate the site. This includes the length of visits to certain pages, products that you viewed, and by what source you arrived to our site.
This information that we collect is not identifiable to a specific person. It is shown to us as a user viewing our site.
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore require higher protection, for example about your health, ethnicity and religion. We do not collect any of the above information, and only store information that allows us to complete the service that you have requested from us.
How and why is your information used?
We collect and store the information to enable us to sell products to you and to manage the customer relationship. This helps us to engage with you the customer. This may include:
· Providing you with the service, products or information that you have requested
· Processing orders that you have submitted
· Keeping a record of your relationship with us
· Seeking your views and comments on the services and products we provide
· Notifying you of changes to our company
· Sending you communications which you have requested, or that may be of interest to you, including; promotions and special offers on products
From time to time, we may also collect data in an anonymous way to look at customer trends so we can better understand how to improve our products and services for you.
How long is your information kept for?
We keep a record of all orders placed online and in store. This includes your name, contact details and purchase history. We do not however store any of your credit or debit card details on our site or computer systems.
We keep your details on file as we find that customers like to be kept updated on any special offers or promotions that we offer throughout the year. Any email that you receive from us gives you the option to unsubscribe from the mailing list, you can also contact us at any time if you wish for your information to be removed from our database. Your rights to your information are set out later in this policy.
Who has access to your information?
We will never sell or rent your information on to any third parties, unless we are required to do so by law. The only time when we would share your information with someone outside our company is when your delivery takes place with the pallet network. In this instance, we share your information, so you are informed when your delivery will take place, and that the goods are left at the right address.
Under data protection law, you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you.
You have the right to:
· Access your personal information held by us
· Require us to correct any mistakes in your information that we hold
· Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
· Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us
· Object at any time to processing of your personal information concerning you for direct marketing
· Object in certain other circumstances to our continued processing of your personal information
· Restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you wish to exercise any of these rights you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
The Old Railway Goods Yard
If you do so, please let us know:
· Your name and contact details
· Proof of your identity
· The information you request or the actions you would like us to take
Keeping your information safe:
Any site sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected, read more on our security page here. Any other non-sensitive information (such as email addresses) are stored on computer systems which are password protected, are have the latest security updates to minimize unauthorised access.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your own browser preferences. Turning off cookies may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Google Analytics is integrated on this website. Web analytics is the collection, gathering and analysis of the behaviour of visitors to websites. The purpose of the Google Analytics component is to analyse the traffic on our website, which allows us to understand customer behaviour, including the following; location, access time, visitor frequency and pages viewed.
Changes to this policy:
Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with the changes. If we make significant changes, we will make this clear on the website.