Winter Warmers - Campfire Stew
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cooking Time: 1-2 Hours
This campfire styled stew is a tummy warming low-calorie casserole dish with a little kick.
- Cooking Spray (or cooking oil)
- 2 Onions - Roughly Chopped
- 2 Red Peppers - Deseeded & Roughly Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves - Finely Chopped
- 2 Carrots - Peeled and Sliced
- 300g Butternut Squash - Peeled & Diced
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 400g Tinned Cannellini Beans - Drained & Rinsed
- 400g Tinned Red Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 600g Lean Gammon Steak - Cut into large pieces
Preheat oven to 200℃/180℃ Fan/Gas Mark 6
Coat an ovenproof casserole dish with the cooking spray.
Put the peppers and onions in a pan to stir-fry for 4-5 minutes over a medium-high heat.
Add in all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Transfer into the casserole dish, cover and bake for 1½ hours until the gammon has become tender.
Season to taste and serve with either a crisp loaf of bread or steamed veggies.
Now you can sit down, relax and enjoy a nice steaming bowl of campfire stew. If you would like to try any of our other recipes or read any of our other articles then we have a wide high quality range of articles!
Planning a BBQ but not sure what to cook? Here is a recipe we love for some inspiration.